Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > MaxiDas DS808 question.
MaxiDas DS808 question.

3890 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-29 00:21:46

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Electrohandyman
    2017-04-09 22:33:02
    Is there any "PC-Suite" software for the DS808?
    I'd like to be able to download updates with my pc, when needed, without having to use the slow built-in wifi.(although the usb link isn't much faster......)
    I e-mailed support and all they respond with is to call in. I call in and all I get is the phone tree run-around, and no call back(yet).
    It's a simple question that shouldn't need a phone call to answer.

Scott.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-04-11 08:50:24 (Reply to:Electrohandyman)

I say NO.

The 808 is the same hardware base as the 906 and ALL is stored in the internal flash, NOT on the SD.

So there is no reason for PC software and it runs via WIFI, which is fast now as it can deal with 300 Mbts networks.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Electrohandyman
    2017-04-11 22:14:43 (Reply to:fware)
    Ok, thanks.
    Next question, seeing as this is android based, would there be any benefit to installing a "backup" app, or would there be no real way of recovery if the internal flash data got corrupted.
    I've copied the vehicle database files, but I'm thinking more of the operating system wanting to backup.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-04-12 09:14:35 (Reply to:Electrohandyman)

I copy the "scan" folder to the SD via the included tools.

Installing extra software, and backup software, is no easy as

- you have no google store app on the DS/MS to get software
    - backup needs rooting your device, not sure if hat is possible
    - currupted flash will also block you for starting any restore software
    - I have never seen a corrupted flash on my systems if is is build in.

So may be not needed.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Electrohandyman
    2017-04-12 11:41:38 (Reply to:fware)
    Thanks, that's kind of what my research indicated to me as well, no real root access, and no boot access like on my android phone, so OS backup is most likely not viable short of booting from USB, and I've found no options for that either......

Like you, I have also copied the "scan" folder to the sd card and then made another dupe to one of my external backup hard drives.

On yours, have you noticed it taking longer to boot and load the "MaxiDas" app when your SD card is installed?

Without the external SD card installed, it can boot and be active in a bit under 1 minute.
    With the external SD card installed it will boot just as fast to the lock screen, but the MaxiDas app doesn't load right away, a pop-up box says "SD card not found" then after another 1 minute(I'm guessing after the OS sorts out and mounts the external SD card, the app will load and it runs fine.

I've decided to use it most of the time without the external SD card installed, and only put it in when I think I may need it.

Scott.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-04-13 06:54:42 (Reply to:Electrohandyman)

Hi Scott,

mine (MS906) boots fine, no errors or delays.

Seems to me that your SD may have an issue.
    Try formating it on the the device, NOT on a PC.

•   Level 4   
    (117) points
    wtm

2017-04-30 19:20:19 (Reply to:fware)

Hi everyone
    Who can explane me difference between models DS808 v.s. DS808EU and DS808 v.s. MX808TSC ?

•   Level 2   
    (11) points

2017-05-29 00:21:46 (Reply to:wtm)

I guys, when I go on diagnostic app there is no car brand that appear

Total1 Pages